lunes, 9 de febrero de 2009

Bungee!

Hola todos!



This past week one of my friends on the trip turned 21 and to celebrate she wanted us all to go bungee jumping! We went with a company called Tropical Bungee, they were the first company to bungee jump in Costa Rica and the bridge that they bungee jump off of is one of the highest bungees in the world! The bridge we bungeed off of is 265 feet above the Colorado River, a beautiful river surrounded by lots of trees.



We has straps around our ankles and around our waists that were connected to the elastic cord. This made me feel much better that we had to wear both because what are the chances of both backfiring, right? After they strapped you into your harness and ankle straps you sat on the railing of the bridge and swiveled around to a little platform that looked like a very short diving board. From there you walked to the edge until your toes were over. This was the most frightening part because at this point you could look down and see all 265 feet stretching before you...


Then everyone counted down from 5 and I took a big jump, spread my arms and FLEW! It literally felt like I was flying through the air and I really have no words to describe the sensation..you just have to try it!

That is me way down there hanging from that cord! After I stopped swinging around a lot the men lowered a cable down to me that had a carbine on the end. This part was rather difficult because you had to try to reach and grab the cable and then hook the carbine onto your harness while upside down. Once you had this done you spread your arms out like a bird and they knew you were ready to get pulled up. I was being pulled upside down for awhile until I eventually flipped upwards and then it was smooth sailing back up to the bridge!


Next on my list is whitewater rafting! Talk to you all soon!
Pura Vida,
Caitlin

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario